There are many services on the web now that provide help with online dating profiles. As a matter of fact online dating profile writing and review services are a growing niche business under the online dating industry. The three main types of review services are community, professional, and group-sourced.
1) The best free option would be community-based services. A great example is reddit.com, which has subforums where members help fine tune each other’s profiles, specifically for the dating site OkCupid (http://www.reddit.com/r/okcupid). There are also forums for online dating discussions (http://www.reddit.com/r/OnlineDating/), as well as general dating advice (http://www.reddit.com/r/dating_advice/).
2) Professional consultants provide customized help from coaches. The basic services range from $35 to $300 and often include:
- Profile reviews
- Profile rewrites
- Fully written profiles
- Advice on how to approach people online
- Advice on how to respond to messages
- Dating consulting
More advanced services cost up to $1500 a month and may include:
- Hand selecting people you should try to date
- Initial contact with people
- Having the online conversations with you in order to get a date
- Complete and total management of your online dating
3) A new and more novel approach is private group critiques of a dating profile. Anterose – Online Dating Profile Critiques provides just such a service by allowing daters to upload their profile for private critiquing. Their service is only $19 and includes these benefits:
- Have the profile reviewed by ten men or women in the age range that interests them
- The user can ask five to ten questions, such as “How do I come across in my profile?” or “What portions of my profile should I cut out?” or “What should I write more about?”
- Reviewers can let the online dater know which of his or her pictures are best, which should be removed, and which one should become the main profile picture.
- By getting reviews from multiple people at a time, it’s easy to see a variety of opinions and spot trends in issues with the dating profiles.
- Feedback from the reviewers informs users what works and what does not work well in the profile, and alerts them of any problems that they might not see in their own profile. They can then remove these red flags that may be keeping them from having success with online dating.
Whichever you decided is right for you I hope these tips and advice on online dating profile writing and review services has been of help.
Until next time.
Jason Lee, Editor
www.DatingWebsiteReview.net – Complete list of dating site review here.